Tuesday, November 9, 2010

California

We survived our trip to California! The boys did better than I thought they would! Justin drove about 93% of the time and I sat in the back to entertain them. We staying in Las Vegas on the way there at my friend Carolyn's place. We got to Irvine, California Thursday afternoon. After Dean got off work he took us to the Irvine Spectrum Center for some shopping. We got lots of fun stuff and got to ride the ferris wheel there which was really cool. It was 99 degrees on Thursday and Friday was in the high 90s still. While Dean was at his training on Friday we drove to Huntington to visit with my Aunt Elaine and family. It was fun getting to see them. Elaine and Phil are home for only two weeks before going back out on their mission. They let us borrow towels and buckets and shovels. Justin also borrowed a wet suit and boogie board. We had lots of fun in the sun! Saturday we went back to the beach, this time with Dean. It was a lot cooler though, about 68 degrees so we didn't stay long. Afterwards we went back to the Irvine Spectrum Center for some more shopping and played games at Dave and Busters. 
Sunday we went to Disneyland and California Adventure. We had so much fun! This will be the only year we could go and not have to pay for the kids (2 and under are free). Camden had so much fun! HIs favorite rides were the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster ride, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, The Matterhorn Bobslead (he was just barely tall enough), The Pirates of the Caribbean and Monster's Inc. I would say my favorite was Space Mountain and the Astro Blaster. 





We drove back Monday around noon. We staying the night in St George. With daylight savings and gaining an hour going back to Utah we are all out of wack on the sleeping schedule. Carson woke up at 5:30 and was wide awake. Not so fun! Hopefully we can get back to normal soon. Dean gets back home on Friday night. It has been snowing and cold here in Utah! ):

3 responces from friends:

Debra Atice said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you had fun!

Samantha said...

You have the cutest family! :]

Whitney Booth said...

I am so jealous! I haven't been to Disney Land since High School. I am sure there are so many new rides! That is fun that you got to stay with Carolyn in Vegas. I have always wanted to go to Dave and Busters too. What a fun trip!!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker