Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Firsts



We just got back from Camden's first trip to Texas. It was so much fun getting to see my family and everyone loved getting to spend time with Camden. We were a little disappointed with the weather. We were hoping to escape to warmer weather and it snowed TWICE while we were there!!  There was one warm day and Camden discovered that he loves being outside. He would start to cry when we brought him back inside. He got spoiled by grandma and got lots of new clothes. When my mom and I were out on one of our shopping adventures while Grandpa was babysitting we ran into Jessica Simpson at the mall!

Since Grandma and Grandpa don't have a rocking chair we took turns getting our workout while bouncing Camden on the yoga ball. He loved it! Now my rocking chair isn't good enough and I'm gonna have to go out and get a yoga ball.

I got to spend time with some of my friends while I was in Texas too. I got to go to dinner at On The Border with Amber Taylor. Jinbeh with Morgan Sherwood who I haven't seen since I graduated high school. I also got to see Madison Swicegood and colored her hair from blonde to dark brown.

Camden did very well on the airplanes and slept almost the entire time. His mommy was very grateful!

Camden woke up Saturday morning with a fever.  He was really congested and was coughing really bad. With so many people's babies getting RSV this time of year it made me really scared and I hoped and prayed that it would not be RSV and that he would get better soon. His fever broke 5 hours after we noticed it. I was so grateful. It is hard to see such a little boy to be sick and struggling to breath. I put saline drops in his nose to help clear it out. Camden, like most babies, hates the "snarf monster" and he cried louder than I have heard him cry.  I'm very grateful that he has been feeling a lot better. He is still congested but I'll take that over a fever.

Camden has been working on sitting up. He normally does a really good job but the other day he was struggling because he was only using one arm to push up with so he kept tipping over. It was pretty funny!

3 responces from friends:

Katelyn said...

what a mean old auntie you have making letting you fall on your face :) (i think that is sharons laugh i hear) Anyway- i can't believe how big he is getting. Keep up all the good work mama! :) much love~ katelyn

Katelyn said...

:) It sure does look like enough fingers and toes to be two uhh! Luckily there is just one. I am hoping for another girls- every girls needs a sister right! unfortunately girl or boy it is a stubborn one since we looked and looked with no luck. Better luck next time. anyway- the video was so fun- don't you love have digital camera so you can put videos up. IT is so fun! And you and sharon sound totally the same. Hope to see you soon. Much love~ katelyn

Charlotte and Jared Nelson said...

He is getting so big, he's adorable!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker