Monday, August 9, 2010

Terrible 2s

What am I suppose to do with this kid? Camden has been to time-out 3 times tonight. The 1st times was for throwing a measuring tape at Carson's head when he was in his swing! (He has a nice bump on his head from that one!) The second time for poking Carson in the eye and the last time he threw an empty water bottle across the room and it hit Carson. I've tried talking to him, time out, telling him stories about how him and his brother are best friends and how he is suppose to protect him and keep him safe. Nothing has made a difference.

I took him outside hoping it would be a distraction and keep Carson protected for awhile. He went to our neighbors house and rang the doorbell but they weren't home so I said we need to go back over to our house to play. He said no. I suggested going to the park or doing something fun and still nothing. I said I'm leaving then and he said bye, have fun, I'll ring the doorbell when I'm done to come home! I replied with, you can't cross the street by yourself and you need to come with me. He said then hold me. I told him he need to walk, I was holding Carson and he could walk just fine. So he laid down in the grass and said he couldn't walk anymore.

When he gets in these moods I wonder how I am going to keep my sanity!

I've decided that he was born at the wrong age and wasn't suppose to be a little kid. He is growing up faster than I would like. He doesn't play with kids his age (except for at nursery) his best friend is turning 5 in a few weeks and other than Austin he plays with the boys 12-17 in the neighborhood...jumping on the trampoline, skateboarding or anything the older boys are doing.

2 responces from friends:

molly said...

it will get easier. i hated when people told me that but it does. Tyler and Benny are 19 months apart and great friends now! Sounds like he is trying to adjust to the new normal of having a baby brother around. I would try to carve out special time for just the two of you each day and keep up with the time outs! Good luck!

Rachel Mohat said...

What a little stinker...he just comes up with the funniest things. I will knock on the door when I am done...where does he come up with these things? LOL

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker