I was in charge of our Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet centerpieces for last week and I had a bunch of people ask me to share what I made. I wanted something cute and easy and we didn't have a big budget so it had to be cheap. I searched the internet and Pinterest and I didn't find many ideas out there.
I finally found one idea that I liked and decided that I would do it.
16 Craft Sticks
4 Scout Foamies (or a stamp and gold paint)
Blue and Gold Paint
Foam Brush
Wax Paper
Tacky Glue
Small Candle, Tea Light or Glow Stick
I had a hard time finding the Scout foamies and the next best thing I could find was a stamp with gold ink. The only down side was that putting ink on wax paper doesn't really work because it doesn't stick. After experimenting I found out that if I sprayed a light coat of hair spray on it after stamping it solved my problem. Instead of hand painting all of the craft sticks I got a can of blue spray paint and did it all at once.
Here are the directions:
Paint 16 craft sticks blue. Let dry over nigh.
Lay a 24" piece of wax paper on your work surface. Start at the left bottom and glue four craft sticks on the wax paper to make a box. Right next to it make another box of four craft sticks. Repeat two more times so you have four boxes. Glue wooden cut outs in place. Let dry.
Trim the wax paper along the top. Trim down the side but leave a half inch to glue. Fold wax paper to make a box. Glue flap to secure. Set a candle in a votive inside and see how pretty it looks when the light shines through.
Here is a picture of how mine turned out!






0 responces from friends:
Post a Comment