Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dean's birthday

Yesterday was Dean's birthday! He turned 24! I tried to pull off a surprise party for him, it worked for the most part but he had an idea something was up. We had friends and family meet up with us at Sushi Express in Sandy.  For those of you that know me, you know that I don't eat anything that swam in the ocean so I don't eat sushi but Dean loves it! He tried to change the location because he knows that I don't eat sushi but I told him I made reservations and we had to go there. It was fun getting together with those that were able to make it.

Yesterday was also my sister Rachel's birthday, she turned 29 even though the receptionist at her new job asked her if she was turning 24. I guess I'm not the only one in my family that looks young for my age! :) I'm sad that I didn't get to celebrate her birthday with her, I miss her so much and she is such a great sister and aunt to Camden.



A note from Dean:
So being 24 feels like I am actually starting to grow up, I am almost half way through my 20's and they are going FAST. Lauralee did an awesome job of welcoming me into 24 though as she previously explained. The main reason i had some suspicion about the party was that she is always the type of friend that wants to make sure you have a great birthday  and even though i am pretty casual about things she likes to get excited about birthdays. When she tried to casually suggest the we go to sushi for my birthday and didn't mention any other plans I kinda guessed that she was surprising me. As I had suspected she had called all of our close friends and family and invited the to eat one of my all time favorite meals with me! It was awesome to have everyone there. Sushi is kind of an expensive meal so I really appreciate all those who showed up to wish me a happy Birthday. And a special thanks to Lu! (Lauralee) You are an amazing wife and friend to me. I love you with all of my heart and despite me not always showing it like I should, I am so grateful to have you in my life! You are an amazing mother and I could not have found a better partner to help get my family to the Celestial Kingdom. I LOVE YOU!

1 responces from friends:

Tiffany said...

That's sweet! I'm glad Dean realizes how good he has it! We had fun eating sushi with you all. Love, Tiff

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker