Sunday, March 7, 2010

Trip to Wheeler Farm

We went to Wheeler Farm on Thursday morning. I was hesitant to go because the weather forecasted a rain/snow mix for the day but it looked beautiful outside. So we decided to go anyways since I found out it was only about a 10 minuted drive and we could at least enjoy it for a little while. We left around 10:30 and it was so beautiful and sunny the whole time we were there. It felt like almost 60 in the sun and we didn't use our coats the whole time! Camden had a blast seeing all the different animals and the best part is, it's free!

These baby lambs were the first thing we saw. They were so cute! They still have their long tails. The white one with the black head almost looks like a puppy in this picture.

This was one of the biggest turkeys I have ever seen!

It was so bright Camden could barely see when he turned for me to take a picture of him.

This pig came to say hello

Then he went over to visit with the goats

I made Camden stand in front of this tree for a picture, I thought it was so crazy looking!

Camden's other favorite thing at the farm...the tractors!

Once again it was too bright for him to turn and look at me.

Driving the old green tractor

This is my favorite picture! Driving the yellow tractor

The pig is giving Camden a kiss, or Camden is picking his nose

Cowboy Camden

This little cow was so sweet, we pet it for a long time. Camden thought it was funny being licked by the long purple tongue

We stayed until about 12:30, at that point it was starting to get a bit cloudy and so it wasn't as warm. Camden fell asleep in the car and when he woke up from his nap it was sleeting. Nothing that stuck but the next morning we woke up to 7+ inches of snow! What crazy weather! I'd like more of those 60 degree days please!

7 responces from friends:

Rachel Mohat said...

He looks like he had a great time!

Shippe said...

That is so fun! I love how Camden poses for pictures!!

Tiffany said...

I want to go! My boys would love it!

Debra Atice said...

I love the picture of him on tractor the best too! What a cute shot! Thanks for sending it! Justin went to a farm when he was little and when he observed a huge pig with a huge snout, he said "pigs have noses".

Whitney Booth said...

I was just about to tell you how to change your fonts, but it looks like you figured it out! I love the new blog, it looks really cute!

Nate,Lindsay & Teagan said...

not sure if i already told you but i changed out blog website.. its natelindsayteagan.blogspot.com

Macie Taylor said...

I think that in the first picture of the lambs, there is a lamb disguised as a cow.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker