Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July Weekend


I have been a slacker lately when it comes to blogging...I just haven't made the time. 4th of July was so much fun! Camden loves fireworks! The first night we did them he held on to me so tight and was shaking but still wanted to watch them. The next night he was more use to it and he would just sit on my lap in the lawn chair for an hour without moving just watching the fireworks (which is totally not normal for Camden, he doesn't hold still for anything!). The night of the 3rd our neighbors across the street set off lots of fireworks and I think we were outside for 3+ hours. Camden loves the Snap Its fireworks, I think he has done a package every night for the past 2 weeks now. We got the neighbor kids hooked on them. Camden calls fireworks "pop pops" and he asks for them every night.

On the 4th we went over to Dean's aunt and uncle's house that live in Big Cottonwood Canyon and went swimming and had dinner over there. After that we came home and all took a nap. Later that night we did fireworks with our neighbors. It was lots of fun. The Olsen's, our neighbors to our right came home from the Sandy city fireworks and did their own show with big fireworks from 11-12:30. We had been inside for about 30 mins and were trying to get Camden to sleep when he suddenly said, pop pops...I asked him if he wanted to go see the fireworks and he nodded yes. We went out for a while to watch them, Camden was so tired but fighting back falling asleep so he could watch them. We went back inside and had to drowned out the sound with a SleepMate and a fan.

The night of the 5th he kept asking for pop pops and was so sad that there wasn't any. Our neighbors had a few extra and so did Sharon and Josh. They set off a few to satisfy Camden.
The next morning around 4am Camden was sleeping and I guess dreaming of fireworks. He was talking in his sleep and said BOOM BOOM pop pop pop!

My little sister Amy has been in town this week and it has been so much fun having her here. She is turning 16 on Tuesday...I can hardly believe it! She is going to her second EFY for the summer next week. She is doing a local EFY in Taylorsville, local EFYs you don't spend the night there but everything else is suppose to be the same.
Camden and I are flying to Texas on Tuesday to celebrate my mom's birthday and help with Amy's birthday party.

3 responces from friends:

Rachel Mohat said...

Amy doesn't get a birthday party cause she flew to Utah for her birthday.

Holls said...

4th of July was so much fun! I'm glad I got to spend it with yall!

Sunshine said...

He is getting so big! What a cutie.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker