Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Homemade Popsicles

I decided it would be fun to make homemade popsicles for the summer so I picked up some molds at the store yesterday and made a batch. The first ones I made with apple sauce, bananas and frozen strawberries and coconut milk. I used xylitol to sweeten the mix. They tasted pretty good but not as sweet as I would like.
The batch I made this morning tasted a lot better. I used raspberry coconut yogurt, raspberry sorbet, frozen strawberries, apple sauce, coconut milk, about a tablespoon of honey and a scoop of Live. I had some as a smoothie with my breakfast and Camden had a popsicle with his lunch. He loved it and it is very good for him.
For those of you that don't know, Camden is allergic to dairy. He gets hives and eczema from it. That means we have to limit his intake of milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt, pretty much all of his favorite things. I got some coconut milk yogurt for him to try because he loves yogurt so much and that stuff is not cheap! He wouldn't try it, I didn't want it to go to waste so I decided to put it in the popsicles since most of the recipes I saw called for yogurt and milk.

Camden trying the popsicle for the first time

The verdict is....

Sorry they are sideways...I recorded it on my phone and it wont let me rotate it.
He said it was hard to bite so he didn't like it but then after it melted a bit and he could bite it he said them taste good!


3 responces from friends:

Rachel Mohat said...

was this the first batch? Did he like the second batch?

Lauralee Altice said...

The video is from the first batch and yes he liked the second one better. He had three of the first one and has had two so far from the second batch. But I only made three of the second ones and I ate one.

Debra Atice said...

What a cute boy! Those sound good to me!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker