Saturday, March 5, 2011

How to Entertain a 3 year old

Dean was working late last night and while I was in getting Carson down for a nap at 6 Camden decided to pass out on the couch. Not an ideal nap time. After an hour he woke up and was in a mood to say the least but it wasn't gonna work to lay down by him to get him back to sleep since Carson was awake. Luckily I had purchased the necessary ingredients for this project that I found for such a night. We made homemade GAK. Camden had so much fun and it entertained him for over an hour! We made it green because that is his favorite color.

First touch


He wasn't sure what to think at first


This stuff is kind of cool

It is super stretchy! I think I like this!


He made a man (he looks like Gru)

Want to make it yourself?

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Elmer's glue
  • food coloring, your choice of color (optional: coloring can stain!)
  • 1 cup liquid starch
  • Pour glue and coloring in plastic container.

    Stir until color is thoroughly mixed in.

    Add starch a little at a time, stirring with a spoon or kneading with your fingers as mixture thickens.

    Keep stirring until mixture holds together like putty.

    Test with your fingers: if too sticky, add more starch in small amounts until mass is smooth and rubbery.

    3 responces from friends:

    Whitney Booth said...

    How fun Lauralee! Reading this post It made me think of my upcoming event. I think Camden would love the Science Palooza we are putting on in Provo this next Saturday, 12th. It is from 12 - 3 at the center 222 W 500 N. It is a free event and there will be all sorts of fun activities and demonstrations!

    Debra Atice said...

    Wow that looks fun!! He is sooo cute in those pictures... I miss him!

    Rachel Mohat said...

    What exactly is liquid starch, where do you get it?

    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker