Wednesday, April 1, 2009

BIG BOY!

So yesterday I decided to pull out Camden's big boy potty to introduce the idea to him. He sat on it a few times and he kept taking me in the room with in and having me sit on it too.

This morning when he woke up I asked him if he needed to go potty and I took off his diaper and had him sit on the potty. He got up after a few seconds and started to walk around the room. Then he decided to pee on the floor. I grabbed him and took him to sit on the potty. He sat there for a second and then he went in the toilet! I was so excited and I clapped and cheered. We did the "potty dance" together (he thought that was pretty fun). I brought the potty out of our bathroom and into the living room. I went to put a new diaper on Camden, he grabbed his cup of water and took a drink, which...made him start to go potty on the floor again! So I took him over and sat on the potty and he went more in the toilet! This time after the celebrations he got a cookie!
Camden loves that his potty plays a song when you go potty in it. After it was cleaned out he kept trying to get it to play a song again!

Now I just need to go get him big boy underwear and pick a day to spend devoted to potty training him.
I can't believe how fast he is growing up! He is already 15 months old!

5 responces from friends:

Amanda said...

If you end up having a 15 mo. old boy potty trained I think you are BOTH genius!

Rachel Mohat said...

Thats so fun that he has used it so much today. Maybe he is just the smart cookie in the family like me. I can't believe I was potty trained at 12 months, that just seems humanly impossible.

Marianna said...

I have a little experience with potty training. (trained about 15 children) The older the child gets the more difficult training is. Rachel was trained night and day at 12 months. Lauralee, you weren't so early! lol Camden loves a challenge. I'm sure he will train easily.
I remember some of my daycare parents having a heart attack when I suggested it was time to train their child. They were equally surprised when they discovered how quickly their child mastered training at such a young age.

Tiffany said...

That is so cute Lauralee!

Marianna, how in the world did you potty train Rachel by 12 months old??????

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

I can't believe how young he is to be potty training! And, I heard it's harder to train boys than girls. That's amazing! Sharon told me he has even pooped on the potty too. Wow. I'm super impressed!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker