Sunday, May 4, 2008

Camden's new cousin

Tiffany had her baby yesterday! We got a phone call at 7:30 in the morning to let us know that baby was on his way! Tiffany's due date was not til the 26th. We woke up Camden to feed him so we could head to the hospital. He didn't fall asleep until 1 the night before and he wasn't really sure why we were making him get up so early. We got ready and headed to Utah Valley Hospital. We had to take turns seeing the baby because Camden is too young to go into NICU. After we both got to see him it was time for Dean to go to work. Dean took Camden and I to Salt Lake to visit Great Grandma Taylor. We spent the day there and got to see my aunts and some cousins too! At 6 we drove to the airport to pick up Mimi (Dean's mom) from the airport and then hung out at grandma's until Dean got off of work and could pick us up.  

Dean was done with work at 8 and on our way back to the hospital we picked up dinner at Chick-fil-a for us and Ammon. We got to the hospital and found out that Tiffany and Ammon had finally picked out a name for their baby, Micah David Cox. While Dean and his mom went up to the NICU to see baby Micah I was in Tiffany's room with Preston and Camden. Preston was eating Ammon's french fries and next thing I know, I look down and Camden has a french fry in his mouth! Preston said, "he wanted to have one too!" I told Preston that was so nice of him to share with his cousin but he is still a baby and is only allowed to eat milk until he is a big boy. We didn't get home until about midnight.  

We went to just sacrament today so we could go see little Micah today. He is doing much better today. He was having a hard time breathing when he was first born but he is now doing that on his own. He also was struggling keeping his food down. He has a feeding tube in his nose where they are giving him a little milk along with what he gets in his IV and so far today he has kept it all down so hopefully he will get to upgrade soon and then go home!

We left the hospital to go over to Great Grandma and Grandpa Gates' house for a family dinner. Lots of people got to see Camden for the first time and others hadn't seen him since he was born. It was fun to get to see everyone.

Here are some pictures of baby Micah: He was 5lbs 11oz

4 responces from friends:

Dan and Kan said...

wow... tiny!!! hey i finally uploaded some pictures!! i hope everything is going well!!! i'm so excited to see you all in a few weeks!!!

Heath & Ege said...

I'm ready to hang out when you are! Let me know when a night is good for you. I'll tell you the story behind the comment I made on the post of how short our engagment was...then you'll know why I said it. I'm def. not ashamed whatsoever..but i've heard so much when I first got engaged about how we should date longer I could strangle someone! :) haha..

Tiffany said...

Lauralee I love it! You've already kept a better record than I have! I think that is so funny that Preston wanted to share a french fry with Camden! There going to be great friends for sure!
Love you, Tiff

Debra Atice said...

I am so happy to have my three new grandsons!!! They are a great joy to me! It was great to be able to be in Utah with all of you inspite of the trial of sickness. I love you all! I too think it is great that you and Tiff are keeping great records of these events! Love, Mimi (Mom / Grandma Altice)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker