Monday, September 22, 2008

Round 2: Day 2 and 3

Last night went great! Camden fell asleep in about 10-15 minutes. He did wake up after 3 hours, I fed him and then put him back in bed. He started to cry but stopped by the time I left the room. He woke up again 3 hours later and I fed him again, this time when I put him in bed he didn't cry at all. He just rolled over and went to sleep! I am so relived that he is getting the hang of this sleeping thing! Now we just need to get him to sleep all night! I'm working on that slowly because it is kinda hard for him to go from nursing every hour of the night to not at all. So twice a night works for now. Over the next couple days we will work on that one. Our next battle is nap time. I am just tackling one thing at a time. He for some reason only naps for about 3o mins. Which isn't long enough for either of us. I can't get anything done and it doesn't help him much either.

Today we were in the car a lot which is normally very traumatic for Camden but due to his newly acquired skill of knowing to fall asleep when he is tired instead of crying, it made our trip much more pleasant. I'm so proud of my big boy! This has been a hard thing to teach him because it is pure torture listening to my sweet baby cry but the results are worth it!
Tonight he fell asleep in about 10 mins, maybe a little less. I'll let you know how the rest of the night goes later!

5 responces from friends:

Tiffany said...

I'm proud of you for being strong and helping him learn to fall asleep on his own, even though I know it is SO hard to do! I have to say, he's actually doing really well for only the 2nd and 3rd day, 10-15 minutes is great!

Rachel Mohat said...

Wow rock on camo!

Debra Atice said...

Yea!! Now you can get some more sleep!! Have you tried a fan going in his room for nap time to drown out your working around the house noise? If you do be sure and keep both the fan and the cord where he cannot reach them or climb to it, like in the very center behind the tall dresser! By the way, that made me think, have you attached any tall furniture or book cases etc. to the wall so in his climing phase he won't tip them over on him? Drawers opened and stood on on a tall dresser can tip!

Anonymous said...

Cute blog! How are you??

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. It WILL get easier! And you are doing him a favor by teaching him how to sleep. Remember that!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker