Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sleep Training Day 1

After almost 3 months of Camden waking up almost every hour though out the night I decided that it was time for Camden to learn to fall asleep on his own. For the past 8 months I have nursed him to sleep and it worked great and he was a perfect sleeper but that didn't last. I knew I needed to let Camden learn the skill of soothing himself and learning to go to sleep on his own but I was having a hard time knowing that I would have to listen to him cry while he learned. I've talked a lot about it with my mom and read about it online and I decided that today was the day. After taking a bath and eating it was time to put Camden to bed. It was 10:35 and I laid him down with his blanket and puppy dog and told him I loved him and that it was time to go to sleep. As soon as I walked out he just sat there and started to talk and make cute noises. He was like, guys, did you forget I was in here? 3 minutes later I went in and laid him down again and said I love you Camden, it's time for bed. This time he started to cry. I went in every 3 minutes until 11:00 and then I stared going in every 4 minutes. When I went in at 11:04 he was quite so I wondered if he had fallen asleep. He was awake and just laying there on his back with his arms out to the sides. He was asleep the next time I went in there at 11:08. I was relieved! I was expecting him to cry for at least an hour. Hopefully it will go even better tomorrow night. I will keep you guys posted on how it goes the rest of the night and tomorrow.

2 responces from friends:

Rachel Mohat said...

Awww yay I hope it last longer than an hour. I hope hes a good boy and keeps it up!

Chesney said...

good luck! I remember going through this with my first. What a patient mom.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker