I was reading thorough Parenting Magazine the other day and I stumbled upon an article about If babies should watch TV or not. I've heard of people that don't want their babies to watch tv for the first 24 months and try not to let the baby even see the tv for the first year. I for one am not one of those people and wouldn't get though the day without a little tv when I am home all day. Camden ever since he was 4 months old has loved Baby Einsteins. I know that some people say they don't work or that it lowers babies vocabulary skills but it keeps him happy. Camden loves to interact with the shows and claps and waves to the other babies on the show. This one is Camden's favorite...it is Baby's First Moves.
He noticed I was trying to get a picture of him watching tv.
This is Camden most of the time when Baby Einsteins is on. He'll get up and grab toys but continue to watch the show. For those of you that know Camden this is BIG to get him to hold still. He is very busy and is not normally content holding still for two seconds. I can understand it being a problem if a baby had no other interaction and had this on all day every day but to watch it for 30 mins in a day I don't think is a problem. Let me know what your thoughts are.





7 responces from friends:
i'm with you! A litte tv never hurt. We try not to watch too much tv at our house, but 30 a minute show now & again will not distroy their chances of going to college some day! :)
ps- i love camdens "cage" by the way! Thats too funny!
I love it, that is so stinkin cute. He is just memorized by that show.
You're totally right on. There are a handful of shows that have been created very well for kids and actually do help them learn things. Sure it's important not to let them watch it too much, but a show like baby E. once a day is probably a good thing, not negative.
I don't blame you at all. I'm sure when we have kids, they'll watch a little TV every now and again. How else does a mom get everything done she needs to?
Café Rio Pork
3 lb. pork roast
16 oz. salsa
1 can of Coca Cola
2 cups brown sugar
water
Fill your crock pot with just the roast, and fill it half way with
just the water.
Cook on high for 5 hours.
Take the pork out after the 5 hours, and drain the liquid down the
drain.
Cut the roast into 3 or 4 sections and place back into the crock pot.
Puree the salsa in the blender and transfer to a bowl.
Add the Coke and brown sugar and mix.
Pour over the roast and cook on high for 3 more hours.
Shred with a fork.
I completely agree - 30 minutes a day is not going to hurt your baby! (William watched a lot more than that when the twins were born!) My SIL thinks that this causes ADD. I hadn't heard that one before, so I just kind of rolled me eyes!
Post a Comment